A spotless workplace increases your employees’ efficiency, reduces stress, allows them to focus on what is relevant, and keeps your business spaces safe and free of germs, bacterias and viruses. Here at Kwick Fix, we live and breathe commercial cleaning, so we prepared a guide you could use for your workplace cleaning checklist.
Plan and monitor cleaning in three steps
- Establish the cleaning zones of your business spaces. The list may include the reception area, individual offices and cubicles, conference rooms, break rooms, production spaces, and restrooms.
- Write short cleaning protocols for each zone, with daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks and the responsible persons.
- Format your checklists for all zones, tasks and checkboxes, and print them out. Place them as reminders in the designated cleaning zones.
What should your cleaning essential checklists include?
The daily cleaning process should include at least the following tasks:
- Empty all trash containers and replace liners.
- Dust bookshelves, filing cabinets, tables, desks, etc.
- Use proper disinfectant to wipe down all high-touch surfaces in offices, cubicles, break rooms, production space. Do not forget phones, keyboards, or mouses and mouse pads!
- Throw out expired or spoiled food from the refrigerator, and wipe it down with adequate disinfectant.
- Clean and sanitize counters and kitchen appliances.
- Deep clean and disinfect toilets, door handles, sinks, and paper towel holders.
- Refill soap dispensers, paper towel holders, and toilet paper.
- Vacuum carpets and sweep and mop floors with special cleaning and maintaining products.
Weekly tasks could include cleaning any areas that you cannot access every day, cleaning up inside cabinets, deep cleaning in break rooms, offices, restrooms, production spaces, vacuuming spaces less frequently used, floor waxing, etc.
During the monthly cleaning process, the cleaners should extract carpets for cleaning and maintaining the surface beneath, vacuum upholstered furniture, use machines to scrub the hard surfaces, rinse and make them shine, wipe the doors and windows’ glass and frames, etc.
Call us at (858) 206-9231 to select and provide the professional cleaning services your business space needs!